Tuesday, August 15, 2006

A Point to Ponder

I have been an avid reader since I was a child. My sisters even made up a song to taunt me, since I would rather read than go out and play "Wonder Woman" with them. That's not to say I never went out to play. But if I was engrossed in a book, going out to play did not sound to be a better choice of the two.

Now, what got me thinking about this is reading my friend Robyn's blog on all the books she has read. There is quite a plethora of books that I have never heard of, but will undoubtedly purchase when I run out. Currently, my 'library' is my friend Laurie's collection. She probably has 300+ books to choose from. If I feel like light reading, she has the book, fantasy, mystery, and my current favorite, Dean Koontz. Right now I am reading "A Death in Belmont" by Sebastian Junger. It is about the Boston Strangler that ran rampant in the 1960s. The author actually met him as a baby. His mother had hired him to renovate the house (the mother survived with only a minor 'wierd feeling' while he was there).

Now, as I was pregnant, everyone said I wouldn't have time for books like before, and most likely wouldn't have time at all. I didn't believe them, and I still don't. Of course I can't read all day like I would some days prior to Ryan. But I still must have a book at all times for bedtime, and naptimes. I can't seem to fathom the thought of never reading again. And Robyn has been a great inspiration. She now has 3 children, and still somehow finds the time to enjoy a good book. So here is to all those that share my love of reading. Just thought you'd like to know.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

You always were a smart hussy. Mr. Sij's favorite!!!