Friday, November 10, 2006

Calling All Moms...

I need help! My son is a very picky eater, hence the reason he is still on formula. Now at $25 a can, which is consumed each week, this is getting expensive. I need some ideas on how to get him to eat anything of nutritional value. I'm wondering about casseroles and breads and such that I can hide good food in. Here are his foods that he will eat: breads, cheese, yogurt, oatmeal, redbeans and rice, and meat.

Ok, so as you can see, we have carbs, some protein, and calcium. How about all the other vitamins and minerals? He is even somewhat picky with fresh fruit! I am thinking of doing a banana bread, zuccini bread, carrot cake, and my friend gave me some casseroles to try. I have spiced up Ryan's broccoli with cheese, seasoning, you name it, and he just throws it off his tray without even trying it.

PLEASE HELP!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It may be the texture and not the taste that he does not like. Try steaming veges, blend well (baby food processor works great) and feeze as you would a home made popcicle. This is how Abby started on real food. She loved it since it was soo hot in the summer!

Jen said...

Well since we talk all the time about this since both of our boys are like this then you know I really don't have any words of wisdom for you other than try try try and just put him in his chair and don't pay attention to what he is doing. When we make a big deal about it with Jake he won't try but if we don't even pay attention SOMETIMES (that's a big sometimes) he will eat something new.