Saturday, October 01, 2005

I have been told....







Niah and Ryan

Ryan's first smile for me....Isn't he CUTE?!

I have been told since I don't have a website, I can't gripe at those that do to hurry up and post more for me to read. Perhaps with my own site I won't complain quite so much (especially as it may come back to haunt me). So the Millers venture out to the world wide web, sharing our little insignificant lives with all those that care to see.

Today is my last free day before I go back to work. I can't believe the time has flown. I am a little worried that I won't know how to work anymore, and its going to be really busy. I keep begging Bill to let me be a stay at home mom, but he refuses. Something about money, and needing to leave this lovely home of a trailer. I guess I see his point. I just thought perhaps we could miraculously become indepentently wealthy. Then we could tour the world with our nanny and our bought friends and complain that nobody understands how hard it is to be so rich. I think I really need to stop watching the fabulous lives of the rich and famous. When they throw $15,000 on a stupid dog collar, I have a hard time with that. I mean, heck, that's a down payment for my house!

Hurricane Rita
I spent the time Rita came through at Betsy's in St. Louis. Now let me tell you, I HATE airports. Its not flying, I have no irrational fear of falling out of the sky, or crashing or such thing. But NOBODY is willing to help a young mother carrying her infant in the carseat along with the 50 pound diaper bag, and wheeling a 150 pound suitcase. Oh, unless you want to pay somebody to take care of the one suitcase outside, but there is no one to pay to carry your child the 3 miles to the terminal, because you, of course, are at the very end of the line. Anyway, our house faired just fine, minus the contents of the fridge. We lost power for a few days, and lost everything, including my breast milk that I had worked so hard to have stored before going to work. But we still have a house, for which I am very grateful. Bill had packed the Durango with all of our stuff that would fit, just in case it did ruin us. He got all of it unloaded again, and I have spent the week putting everything back, and cleaning the house. The only problem still is that we can't drink the water, or use it to wash dishes and such. I thought better of it before I bathed Ryan in it and called Poppy. He said it would be a good idea to boil it for his bath, so we did. Three hours later he finally got his bath (and I got a burn where the hot water splashed me). I can't wait to get back to modern times and out of these good ol' days.

So, moving on, I had a great time at Betsy's. Taya is so grown up! She wanted to get Ryan so bad, and just couldn't understand why we didn't let her. Also, going anywhere was rather hard, as neither child reflected the other's schedule for very long, so if one was up, the other was sleeping, or it was time to eat, etc. etc. But we did check out the butterfly house (Ryan slept through it), we went shopping and I bought too much, and we had Ryan's pics taken at Sears. Now Sears has one more shot with me before I boycott them for JCPenny's. I couldn't believe that my rotten experience in Baytown could be outdone in St. Louis. I am shocked at the rudeness people find to be ok these days. And you can't complain to the manager because she's the one being rude!

I will post more as I figure this stuff out....

1 comment:

Robyn said...

It's me, I've found you! I'm so glad you've joined the WWW. I can't wait to see tons of pictures of Ryan! Love you.